Feeling a little hopeless about the state of the world today? It’s understandable. Most of the news you see these days doesn’t inspire a lot of optimism. But there are a lot of positive trends and uplifting initiatives that are putting us on the path to a better world. How can we nurture and grow those seeds? By putting our love, attention and care into them.
Here are 8 ways you can help us build hope in the world in 2018.
- When you learn of an innovative, inspirational project aimed at making the world a more environmentally and socially healthy and sustainable place, let us know. When you see a community fighting to defend their land, water, and right to self-determination, let us know. We can cover some of them, and we can use our social media to help support them.
- Pitch us some story ideas. We are always seeking writers, photographers and videographers to help us document and share the many sustainability initiatives and movements for a more life-affirming, regenerative culture throughout the Americas. We work with beginning writers to help them publish their work. Original work is especially welcome, but reprints are ok, too, as long as they are properly credited – this includes photography, videography and other visual storytelling. Contact editor Tracy Barnett at [email protected].
- Like our Facebook page; like, comment, share the posts that you find inspiring and/or important, giving special attention to our original reports. If you have a Twitter account, you can retweet us here.
- Subscribe here so you’ll never miss an original Esperanza Project report. If you want to receive our Spanish-language reports (which are not always the same as our English-language ones), subscribe here.
- Comment on our reports here on WordPress. It takes a minute to subscribe to WordPress if you aren’t already, but it’s a big help to us as comments on our posts make them more visible on the web.
- Help spread the word about The Esperanza Project. Forward our newsletters via e-mail, tag people you think might be interested on Facebook and Twitter.
- Become an Esperanza Project social media editor. There are so many hopeful, inspiring messages to be shared, and so many defenders of land, water and justice who need our support. Let us know if you’re interested in helping us expand our social media presence.
- Pitch in with a financial donation to help us cover our expenses. The Esperanza Project is a 100% volunteer-run enterprise, and that gives us the freedom to publish whatever we want, with no obligations to anyone. It also comes at a cost, however; web hosting, equipment expenses, travel expenses, phone and internet bills – it all costs money, and we need your support to keep the lights on. If you like what we do, please click on the link below to make a tax-deductible contribution today.
alternative media Sustainability The Environment The Esperanza Project